Covid and phesgo

I had my last chemo end of October and now have the phesgo injection every three weeks in my thigh, yesterday I tested positive for Covid…first time I’ve managed to catch it, should I be taking anything or doing anything differently ?..my lumpectomy is booked for December 20th and I’m now worried this will be put back…any advice greatly received.

Hello Paulypops67

Thanks for your post asking about whether you should be taking anything or doing anything differently, after testing positive for covid yesterday, while you’re on phesgo and waiting to have breast surgery.

We suggest contacting your treatment team or GP today to let them know. Treatments are available to people with COVID-19 who are at a higher risk of becoming very unwell. Again, your treatment team will be best placed to advise you.

You could also discuss your concerns about your surgery being delayed with your breast care nurse.

Do also call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen to your concerns, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK - prefix 18001).

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am - 1pm on Saturday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Teresa

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.