Date for results

Well, I have a date for my results now - next Thurs, 20th at 3.30pm (handy for school !!) Hopefully I will have something definate to explain why me boob is W shaped!

The WLE is taking it’s time to heal - still needs a dressing and the whole boob itches like ***** !! - I seem to be sensitive to whatever dressing they put on. Some Aloe Vera helps - hopefully I’ll be able to gert the dressing off tomorrow. Other than that no prbls which is great. Enjoying not doing the ironing and hoovering and lots of reading!

Bye

Tinkers x

Hi Tinkers

I had my WLE 3 years ago (July) and the scars have healed really well, can hardly see them at all but there is a definite incline where the incision was on my left breast. Reading your post reminded me of that dreadful itching, didn’t have any problems with pain or such, did have a stitch that wouldn’t dissolve, it was there for weeks and then one day just disappeared. But that itch, couldn’t scratch it so I used to tickle it with a feather!!! Sounds strange but it worked. Do you have bad bruising around the breast and did you have any nodes removed - my under arm was all colours of the rainbow and took quite a while to go but it didn’t cause any problems. Unless you look very hard you would never know I had had surgery.

Hope your itching goes soon, try the feather and see if it works.

Love K

Forgot to say, wish you well for next Thursday, the waiting I think is the hardest time of all.

Love K

Hi Kelly - I’ll try a feather then, LOL!!! The bruising isn’t bad at all - but the itching radiates out. I had to see the practice nurse on Tues for more dressings etc and went for lunch with my mum after. We had to find a discrete spot in the cafe so I could have a sneeky scratch now and then. The nipples been the worst - I just wanted to pinch it! No nodes done yet - the WLE was to check area (core biopsy showed nothing at all, but the surgeon says the mammo and my presentation would be malignant or scar tissue) - If the results aren’t good they will decide about nodes then.

I think I have now become resigned to waiting - this all started 1st July!! Which is ages away. I peaked with my waiting worry just before the so called “one stop shop” appointment (LOL!!) and then actually trying to get the appointment for the stero core biopsy results - got the letter 11 days after (biopsy 18th July - appt 14th Aug!). As a term time worker I have had the summer holidays waiting for appointments, went back to work for 2 days and then off sick now!! Mind you the sun has come out - hubby bought a swing seat thing in the sales and I’ve been enjoying a good book out in the garden whilst little one at school. Can’t be bad!

Love

Tinkers