David W says Sorry

David W says Sorry

David W says Sorry Oh dear, seems its all my fault.

May I take this opportunity in saying how very Sorry I am for upsetting so many of you – I am not a vindictive person – I am not anti women – sometimes I just put down what I am feeling at the time. Most of my comments are meant tongue in cheek – not to be taken too seriously.
I do bang on about being a Man who has had Breast Cancer – I do make my views known – from now on I will think before I type.

Please accept my apologies, everyone.

Jim this goes to you too.

David W

Hi David Thank you for the apology.

I have mixed feelings over apologies - I apologise if, by being very forthright, both now and in the past, I have upset people (Jim, I know some of the language I used upset you) but I actually don’t regret any of the views I’ve expressed, because what I say is what I feel. Do you feel the same?

I think what we have to take from this recent debate is that many of us have strong views and I don’t think we should have to stifle those views, or apologise for them, unless we decide we were wrong and I don’t think I was wrong and I don’t suppose you think you were either. But as you say, we have to think before we type (or before we press the “post” button anyway).

Thing is David, when you have your tongue in your cheek, we can’t see it!

Anyway, I’m done for now. Best wishes to all people with Breast Cancer and the men and women in their lives.

Daphne

Hi David. Thank you for your apology. Life is too short and we are all in the same boat.
Belinda…x

If only BCC would be as adult, instead of trying to nanny us

Yes thanks David I think the debate we were having is an important one and hope we can resume it soon…though hardly dare to now! In the meantime David, just to say that I’ve noticed nothing in the recent BCC booklet Finding a Voice about men being involved in BCC’s ‘user involvement’ work. A sorry omission and hope you will pursue it.

Best wishes

Jane

Yes thanks David I think the debate we were having is an important one and hope we can resume it soon…though hardly dare to now! In the meantime David, just to say that I’ve noticed nothing in the recent BCC booklet Finding a Voice about men being involved in BCC’s ‘user involvement’ work. A sorry omission and hope you will pursue it.

Best wishes

Jane

Finding a Voice Jane RA - I have sent my comments to BCC - you knew I would.

To everyone else
Debates are healthy things - they do get out of hand now and again - also when I say sorry - it is sincere.

Cheers David

Your apology… One of the disadvantages of these postings is that it is impossible to include inflection so strong feelings can be misinterpreted as aggression.

Thank you for clearing up the misunderstanding.

Anne