DAWN

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( DAWN )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

That hug is for you.
Your hair may be gone now but the beautiful caring woman is still there !!!
YOU ARE SO SO BRAVE my sweet. THIS DAM THING is only temp and so is your short hair. You cry all you want my love and come and find us all for a huge hug.
Love you lots & lots
claire xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGGGGGGGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) to our dawn sweetie your loved by so many and hair will regrow so try not to worry,
it is important you see yourself as a wonderful gal going through treatment

blessings to you
cee

Dawn I also send you lotsssssssssssss of love and hugs!!!xxxx

Hi All

I am back and here today, thank you all so much for your loving messages last night, but was lying on my sofa with OH feeling very sorry for myself and not wanting to talk to no-one. But am now back and feeling a little bit more positive. Showered and dressed with towel on my bald head getting ready to put on my wig in a little while. Not feeling down today, am OK, think just need to get use to it now and move on. At least got over that hurdle now and onwards and upwards from here. Although I DO NOT suit no hair.

Anyway, thank you all so much again for your love and support. Sorry for being a wooss. And catch up with you all later on today. Hope you are doing something exciting and fun, except for Claire, who MUST rest lots and lots.

Take care
Love
Dawn
x

Dear Dawn I finished chemo in May and thought I’d never have hair again!I hated wearing my wig yet felt so ugly bald.At 63 bandanas looke odd.BUT over the last few weeks my hair has grown to a ‘Judy Dench’ style which I really like.Lots of people write about their straight hair growing back curly;well my curly hair has grown back straight!While chemo goes on the horrors can seem relentless and depression is never far away but it does all end and all the treatment is doable.My love to you.horacex

Thank you horace for your lovely words. yeah I can relate to the “felt so ugly bald” although OH doesn’t agree. I am only 39, but not a bandana or scarf person really, although got two little pink hat things for indoors (pink for my little girl, as she adores pink). So doing ok and just need to get use to it. Although not looking forward to venturing out with a wig, in case people realise and stare. Ah well, gotta bite the bullet …

Thanks again and you take care too. My hairdresser did say that it will prob grow back thick and curly, although is/was fine and straight!! We shall see.

Love
Dawn
x

Sorry Dawn; just read that you are not a bandana person and I just suggested it on another thread! Gets tricky trying to be in two places at once! :slight_smile:

Let’s get one thing straight, though. You are NOT a wooss! And you don’t owe anyone an apology. Dagnabbit, girl, you can be yourself here with no pressure and no one is going to judge you.

Big hug just for you!

beano x