DCIS. - confusing information

Hiya schummi good luck. Ill be following you closely too. My emotions have been terrible since yesterday. Was holding it together till then. I want it over and done with. Look forward to seeing your postsx

Wow. Great your home. Do you still have drains in. Did you stay in bed first 72 hours? Or did they get you up? Well donex

Can you dress yourself ok and where is the most pain.

Yes i was told i was a good healer. Ive bought 4 new sports type bras that do up at the front. Im waiting for my elasticated Bridgite jones knickers. Ive got 2 nightdresses for hospital that button down front. Ive been tol its the stomach that takes the time. I just want my right boob to match or be similar to the left. Im at the moment mutilated. The most pain was with the microdochectomy for me. The other two operations werent too bad. I too codienne which helped but gave me stomach grips 3 days later with constipation. I found ibuprofen was good before. How does your stomach look. Im now keen for my belly to go. Im so please your operation went so well. Steph seems to be doing great too so im really inspired. I was very down last week but your message has lifted me. Good luck.

Hiya girls. So exciting that yiu both are healing so well. I imagined that i couldn’t move for weeks but the shopping trip to Asda and the tearoom so early has really enthused me. Im already loosing my marbles at the moment. Is it stress, dementia or 3 anesthetic in 6 weeks. Lol. Im keeping busy with work at the moment. Hugs to you allx

Hiya schummi and all I’ve been packed since last week. This week ive packed and unpacked and today repacked.lol .i cant wait to get it over and done with. Ill be overlooking houses of parliament.lol. scared bit feeling confident with all your advice and tips that have really helped. Hugs to you allx

Good luck Coralie xxx

Thanks girls

At hospital now so phone going off. Catch you the otherside. Thanks for your supportx

Hiya girls. Had operation yesterday and today sitting out of bed. Doctor was worried this morning as he thought i had a haematoma and was gonna go back for surgery but they decided it was just swelling. Ive still got drains and catheter. Bit sore especially abdomen but really pleased with the results. They very nice hear at St Thomas. The views are amazing of big ben and London eye. Thanks to all on here who advice about the bras and button down nighties. I did all right on the pumps for pain relief. The doctors have been checking me every hour now.

Its 8 and i been in the chair since 12.lol. bit sore but ok. Think im stuck in this chair.lol

Hi Coralie, we talked a few weeks back on another post… A waiting one I think.

Well done for getting through it and I wish you a speedy trouble free recovery. I had a quadrantectomy last Wed and all went well, I had my drain removed on Monday and im waiting for pathology results in a few weeks time.
Best wishes.
Xx

Hiya poppyfields im so glad i had it done. Yes a bit sore but im loving my new boob and my flat stomach. They took catheter out this morning so i will have to walk to toilet. Scary but with help. Yes Steph they like to get you up and about quite quickly here.lol. im taking all the drugs they giving me. The doctors are very pleased with me now. I think the initial problem was my bra was too big and no support I’ve got a zip front one from Amazon and its helped reshape me. Also i kept having problems with my right arm and shoulder after last 3 operations. No one explained in guys but after this operation the left arm hurt and here explained that my arms are held in awkward positions to operate

Thankyou for inspiring me to have this done. Im so pleased

Hi Coralie,

You sound very up beat despite what may have been torture sitting in a chair for 8 hours! Im glad you are happy with your outcome and i wish you a speedy recovery. I keep saying this but everyone is so inspirational here! Well done!!

Xx

Hiya schummi and Steph. No i wont overdo it. I was scared to move this morning of the bed until nurse came to help. They wanted me walking asap to aid drainage they said. Yesterday was terrifying to move from bed to chair but when visitors came i felt better. Today after shower and catheter out i felt better to walk although it strains my back a bit. The bras i wore previous were my normal half cup undwired ones throughout the last 3 operations. That helped the support. I was told to get front fastening ones a size bigger. Went to Amazon for front fastening bras. The first one they put on was useless. No support. The only zip one they had was perfect and they said i must wear day and night to support and it helps with the breast pain. Hugs to everyone. Ive developed on my left wrist some itchy water blisters. They are monitored. Think it could be blood thinner or canular cling film. Im going to the toilet by myself. Not onsuite but opposite lol

Syrokan was the name of the front zipped bras. Very good

From Amazon

Coralie, how close together have your ops been. They’ve all been recent haven’t they? You are doing amazing!!!
Xx

Hiya poppyfields my operations were2 weeks apart 3 operations in 6 weeks. This is 30 days after. Ive come up in a bloody rash. Like water blisters on left wrist then its gone to my back. They’ve given me piriton as I’ve had similar before when pregnant with my son in last trimester. I think its the blood thinner or codienne. Not had thinner tonight cause im walking. Not easily in this stooped position lol. Ive had 2 drains out and got 2 left in. I can get to toilet so can walk a bit. Hugs to you all. Like steph and schummi i love the results. These surgeons are amazing arnt they. They’ve changed my dispair to painful pleasurex