dcis,

in new here ,i had op yesterday to remove dcis,now playing waiting game for results to see if all gone ,(early form of cancer)ooo weepy today,iv been lucky up to now as iv had 4 ops before this to remove papillomas,i thouht id got away with haveing any form of cancer ,i know this is treatable ,but im still scared,hopeing this site will help me come to terms with it, brestcancer is in family,

Dear healed,

Welcome to the forums. I am sure the other members will soon be offering support. In the meantime you could always give our Helpline a call to talk things over. They are open till 2.00pm today. The number is 0808 800 6000. All calls are free and confidential.

Very best wishes

Janet
BCC Facilitator

Dear Healed

I am so sorry that you have had to join us but a very warm welcome to you.

Hopefully all went well yesterday with your op, can totally understand your feelings I am due to have my lumpectomy on Tuesday 29. It is perfectly normal to be weepy after surgery and of course this type of surgery is no exception. I do hope that you have family and friends around to offer support or just a pair of arms to hold you with during your down moments. The waiting room is the worst part of this disease we have all been there in the beginning waiting for results and then, like you, waiting to hear good margins and no further surgery is required. We are all here for you, just wait and see how many people offer you support, its fabulous being here so many people who care.

Try hard to take each day as it comes, I will be in your position next week, waiting! Keep talking on here, it does help.

Lots of love and hugs
Tracy xx

Hi healed, I too had dcis and have just had mx. As miniminx says its the waiting that gets you down. It’s not easy to go through this because you never quite have the whole picture. I’ve been going through the dx and wle then mx since early December and after the first bit of terror and wanting to know everything and not being able to, I found it easier to try to just deal with each part as I find out about it which of course isn’t always possible to do. I’m waiting for my results too, due on weds which is over 3 weeks after the op. Trying not to think about it! I hope it all works out for you, and dcis is curable in most cases. I have got calmer as time’s passed, and I’ve had a huge amount of support and advice from people on here. Fingers crossed for you, love Xx

ty for your comments,im soo glad i joined this site ,i was feeling so alone,my family are great,liveing on my own dosnt help ,have to much time to think,but i am a fighter.and will get though this,

you sure will get through this! xxxx

Hi Healed
Have just read your post and it really struck a chord with me.I also had widespread dcis and had my mx 6 weeks ago. still fairly new but I’m getting there. The waiting is horrible as you just can’t seem to think of anything else. I was called to clinic twice for my results and told twice that they were still not back - major panic. But hey, third time lucky, I was told i was clear.Waiting now to start tamoxifen, but I guess that will be another story.

Hope all goes well with you and everyone else waiting for results
Wendy xxx