?Delayed effects of chemo/taxol

?Delayed effects of chemo/taxol

?Delayed effects of chemo/taxol I don’t know if there is anyone in my position. Briefly, mastectomy, chemo and radiotherapy in 2004. Long but normal recovery. Reconstruction 2006. Started Megace in February (to try to stop the hot flushes) worked but I went deaf after 2 weeks. Also breathless since Christmas - chest clear no secondaries. It has been suggested that it may be a delayed reaction to Taxol. Any ideas out there?

Are you still deaf? I hope not. I’m not in the same position as you in that I had lump and nodes removed, chem and I am just about to start radio but I did have taxol and I am still suffering from severe joint pains in my hands. I was thinking that I had now developed arthritis on top of the BC!! I have searched on the net and discovered that a canadian oncologist had experienced this on a few occasions after his patients had Taxol.This wasn’t mentioned in the literature given out with it , only that you got the joint pains at the time you had it. You never really know how these drugs will affect you in the long term I suppose.
let me know how you’re getting on.
M