Diagnosed invasive ductal carcinoma plus DCIS New Years eve. Mastectomy opposite breast in 2010

Hi
This is the first time I have posted on the forum. I had a previous mastectomy, chemo and radio and I am on tamoxifen. I had a delayed lat dorsi reconstruction in 2012 and finally had nipple in March 2013. I felt a small lump, not felt to be palpable by my breast nurse or consultant. Mamogramme confirmed suspect area but was difficult to biopsy due to a reduction at the same time as my reconstruction. Worst fears confirmed, I have full body CT scan on Monday and MRI due before next surgery. I’ve been told that at this stage it can not be confirmed as a new primary or secondary. Fingers crossed it’s a new primary. DCIS is present also on this side. I had lymph involvement in 2010 so just hoping this is not repeated. It’s just not fair at times. Feeling a little lost.

Hi Cozee

Welcome to the BCC forums, I am sure your fellow users will be along with support for you soon to help you through this difficult time, in addition, please feel free to call our helpliners on 0808 800 6000 for a listening ear and further practical and emotional support. Lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays.

Here’s a link to more support ideas such as ‘Live chat’ and ’ Someone like me’ from BCC which I hope you will find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services

Take care
Lucy BCC

O cozee,

Thats s rough time.  Xxx

Sending love, I really hope monday goes well for you and they can give you more information yo ease your mind. 

I’ll be thinking of you. Theres some lovely ladies on here with more wisdom than me, we’re all here for you so dont feel alone. 

Xx

Sandie

Hi Lucy xxx the road is bumpy isn’t it x just wanted to add my support to sandies xxx hope that the ct scan wasn’t too hard to deal with and that you won’t have to wait too long for any more information xxx sarah