diagnosed the 1st july

Hi everybody. I was dignosed with invasive ductal bc almost 3 weeks ago and its only just started to hit home im still not sure how i feel or how im supposed to feel my husband has taken it harder (bless him)does any one else feel like this. iv been reading your postings and think your all so postive and so suportive.hope everyones having a good day luv tina x

Hi

Everyone responds to their diagnosis in there own way. It is often harder for the people around you. Be kind to yourself. Give yourself time to come to terms with things and ask for help if and when you need it. Please post any questions you have or just express how you feel. There is always someone who will listen and you are not alone. Dx

Hi forestlady,

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums, I’m sure you’ll get lots of good support from the many informed users of this site.

I have put for you below links to a couple of BCC’s publications which you may find useful. If you need to know anything, just ask either the forum users will come on and help you or one of our facilitators will direct you to where you can get information or support.

Resource pack:

breastcancercare.org.uk/healthcare-professionals/publications/quick-order-list/*/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publicationId/82/

Treating breast cancer:
breastcancercare.org.uk/healthcare-professionals/publications/quick-order-list/*/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publicationId/88/

Hope this helps. Take care

Jo, Facilitator

hi,

just wanted to send yuou my love and support. Sorry you have wound up needing this forum in the first place, but am pleased you have found it as you may well find it very helpful. I was diagnosed with grade 3 idc in march, had wle and now having chemo. This forum has been a lifeline for me.

Take care and be kind to yourself,

Vickie

Thanks midge,jo,tors im to have a lumpectomy and reduction next friday 23rd im getting nervous but want it over with.im trying to keep positive but sometimes its hard.iv got a good family around me and friends but iv always been the strong one its good to no i can come here and shout yes im scared instead of saying im fine.oh dear i think im having a wobble. Take care. Tina

Hi Forestlady,
I am 5 months ahead of you, diagnosed 1st Feb…
This forum has been my lifeline, I too feel the need to protect everyone around me… still do. Its normal to be scared, angry, tearful, overwhelmed…and you will meet lots of ladies on here who will support you through the good times and bad.
I met a group of ladies after one put up a post ‘anyone having surgery in February’. I would recommend it, you then have the additional support of a group who are on the same timeline as you - they are invaluable to me and have taken me out of some dark places.
My husband also took the news worse than me, his way of dealing with it has been to turn into Marco Pierre White in the kitchen and Percy Thrower in the garden… every cloud!!
I wish you well for the 23rd.
Marguerite