DO PEOPLE GET BIOPSY RESULTS BY POST?

Can anyone help me please? Found a lump on Monday, went to doctor’s on Tuesday, had biopsy on Thursday.
Was told that results should take between 2 to 3 weeks and that they would come in the post.
Do you normally get results through the post as any lay person would not have a clue what they were talking about?
How long has it taken for any of you out there and have you got yours through the post? If so, what did you do?
Thanks.

Hi Dawnab, did u have the biopsy done at the breast clinic? i went to clinic, had a mammogram, ultrasound & biopsy then went back to the clinic for an appt the next day to discuss the results with the dr & breast care nurse. Im not sure if its different in other areas, I wouldn’t have wanted to get them by post, as u say, u wouldn’t know what they meant & to be honest would need reassurance whatever. Maybe someone else can shed some light on it or u can ring the helpline on here, they are very good & can answer any questions u may have. love Heather x

I was told at the clinic on first appt that I had cancer, but had to see the surgeon the following week for definate results.
I have never heard of such news arriving by post. You should be told face to face. Post goes missing, and if the results are possitive, you will need advice and arrange treatment.

Hi Dawnab

It sounds like you’re having a pretty worrying time at the moment. I’m sure you will find these forums to be helpful and supportive.

As Heather has mentioned maybe you would like to talk to a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 600 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

hi, its all a bit of a shock finding a lump and suddenly needing biopsies. when they said you would get something in the post are you sure they did not mean that you will get your appointment in the post?

that sounds more likely than getting the results.

If you have not heard anything in two weeks I would ring and check what is happening.

Its going to be a long two weeks. 80% of breast changes are not cancer and 50% of biopsies are negative, but its still a worry-what if i am not one of the lucky ones?

do keep in touch on here, reading and posting does help, because we have all been just where you are now, and remember what it felt like

Hi Dawnab sorry you are going through a rough time. When I had my biopsy done at my local breast clinic I was told my appt would come through the post when I asked if my results would be sent in post I was told that they never post results out and you have to come back to clinic for them. Why dont you ring the place you had your biopsy done and ask them to clariy what they said I am sure they wont mind. Good luck and take care. K x

Send it by post??? Don’t like the sound of that!

Mine was done at the local hospital, waited 3 weeks and was called in for results, they do that no matter the outcome.

The waiting is a horrendous time, I spent the whole time on a manic cleaning frenzy to try and have something to “do” and to take my mind off. The house was sparkling.

You have my sympathy and everyone elses too probably xxx