Does anybody like their new breast with implants???

Hi meemoo glad your op went ok, was thinking how you were
Yes implants do get softer. my boob was very hard and felt very stuck on. I’m 4 months out and they are slowly getting softer. Moves slightly. Once you are healed lots of massage. Really helps :slight_smile: The softness has improved over last few weeks. I’m still dealing with fluid but I think if I didn’t have that they would be great xxx hope this helps xx

Hello everyone, this is my first ever post to the forums. I was diagnosed last Nov and following two unsuccesful WLE’s had a MX with an immediate reconstruction. My surgeon recommended strattice mesh with a saline tissue expander implant and is very pleased with the results. He says I am healing beautifully and aside from problems with a persistant seroma that has to be relieved by needle aspiratons everything is going well.
I have gotten myself a bit confused. At first I assumed I would have a breast straight away but soon realised that I would need to be inlated. What I didn’t realise was how long that takes (I still don’t really know) and I’m not clear if the saline implant remains or if it is exchanged for something more permanent later.
My breast is gradually growing, it is not a pretty sight or shape yet and is much smaller than my DD/E droopy natural breast. I was wondering if anyone else has experience of managing mismatched breasts that keep changing size. I will eventually be given an uplift/reduction on my other breast to match them up, but I get the impression this will take months. I am going back to work soon as a teacher in an all boys secondary school and do not want my mismatched breasts being more interesting than my ‘history’ lessons!

Purplemania,
talk to your BCN about whether you could use an addition of a silicon shell to level up the implant side with your other Breast My surgeon filled my expander 60 -70 % during the surgery and I haven’t had any further saline yet as I am now having chemo and will be having rads later, so I have a shell to level me up with the 32FF side. The expander can be left in if the individual is comfortable with it, but they are intended to be used as skin saver such that a full implant can be inserted at a later date.
Re the reduction surgery, i have the same indication, i.e. it will be later rather than sooner. Again, you probably need to ask questions of your consultant or BCN so that you have clear expectations.
Jude

Thank you Jude. They didn’t put any saline in mine until about a week after my mx, 100ml, then a week later 50ml a week off then 100 ml today. He won’t see me now for two weeks so it really is taking time to ‘inflate’. he says I will need some liposuction/filling to adjust the shape and I am also having a nipple. A breast shell sounds like a practical solution in the interim I will speak to the BCN tommorow.
I have been asking but get very vague (well meant I’m sure) ‘don’t you worry it’s all going well, you will be fine’ type answers with no time-scale added despite repeated requests for at least a ball park. It’s ‘wait and see how it goes no rush’
My first ever mammogram and now I live my life in suspended animation :slight_smile:
Trudie

Hi Trudie,
My experience different to yours. Long story, but I ended up with a 34F and a 34C. I had a silicone shell to wear over the smaller side, which looked OK when clothed. Then, after a while, I had a reduction and uplift. I was really happy with the result. Hope this helps.
Margaret

Hi Purplemania
i had mx with expander implant on 21st March and only have the 100ml of saline they put in during the op but if I wear sports bras I can look fairly normal in clothes…I’m normally 36E. The consultant said that radiotherapy may affect the implant but didn’t suggest I had to wait until chemo was over for inflation so I’m expecting some saline tonight when I see him…if not I may be asking for a prosthesis in the interim as I have 16 weeks of chemo and 3 weeks of rads to get through and it will be summer so I don’t want to be wearing sports bras and winter clothes constantly!
Hope you are all doing okay today
Kate
xx

Thank you Margaret that is encouraging to hear
Kate was yours a double mx or are you uneven? My new boob looks okay in a sports bra even if it is still small but i have to wear a prothesis as well because my natural breast is about 3-4 x the size! I’m trying to get hold of a shell to wear to match them until my next op (probably another mx!)

Trudie

Hi - loving all the help and advice on from you lovely ladies.

I’ve had my new boob for 4 weeks now - had really bad healing problems but that was because I had an allergic reaction to the glue - still unable to see the scares due to the infection - but they look the perfect match in clothes which I am really grateful for - and it was really helpful to hear that they soften up.

Just wondered if anyone has had fat grafting added to their implant - would like mine to feel a little more natural (like my other breast that has an implant but feels very natural - I already had breast implants).

xx