Does chemo sickness get worse towards the end of regime?

Hoping someone can help with this one…

Had fourth EC last wednesday and I always feel lousy on chemo night, but last one I felt really bad. I felt sooooo sick all I could do was lay on the couch with my eyes shut and I was sweating profusley(sp?) tummy growling because I cant eat! I had mentioned to my chemo nurse about taking a sickness pill on the afternoon as I always feel pants and she said I could try it, but to no avail!

Does it get worse as you go on?
Thanks in advance

Lynne.x

Lynne

I got 5th out of 6 yesterday and do not feel worse. More tired as time getting on but ok with sick.

Hope you ok soon
Fiona
x

The fourth chemo was my worst one in terms of sickness. I don’t think my carpet has ever recovered. (Is that too much information?). Number five and six were better in terms of sickness, but worse in terms of tiredness.

Deirdre

Hi Lynne

I had my 4th FEC last tuesday, and I have found that I am feeling more Nauseas with each chemo. I do take anti sickness tablets on the afternoon of chemo, infact my Onc rx me some extra ones Cyclizine this time which did help a bit I think. I also take Domperidone, and Lansoprazole.
My nausea seems to continue on and off for up to a week afterwards!!!

Take good care

Kim x

Chemo number five has been the worst so far… it has taken me 11 days to get over it… I felt like being sick for the whole time and have been VERY dizzy…the dizziness has not gone over yet. Hey ho, number 6 is on the 2nd Nov and I just know it will be as bad as this one.

To think for the first three I was up and about after four days and the two weeks in the middle I was as normal as a normal person from normalsville…

So sorry to hear it is not fun for you… I really understand!

Hi All,

Wierd thing is though I only get side effects on the chemo night and then I could quite easily go shopping the next day, in fact the last two times we have been out for a curry and a half of larger the night after chemo! Is this right?

I just felt terrible this time on the night. I almost feel it as the clock ticks to 4.30pm the side effects kick in. I just dont think i can feel that sickly again, it was horrid.

Lynne

Hi all
I had chemo 5 Friday week ago and it was by far worst in terms of sickness and the rest.Had a nights of vomiting and generally felt unwell despite the medication which I took religiously.
Am now on an antibiotic for a chest infection and feel this one has been tough.
Maybe our body has had enough by the time number 5 kicks in.

Still every one, is one less - if you know what I mean.

MuddyXX

Hi there

I had my third FEC last week and this one has hit me a bit harder. I always feel very nauseous on chemo night, but with numbers 1 and 2, the worst of it had gone by the next day. This last time the first night was actually a lot better (because the nurses upped my IV antisickness drugs during the chemo session), but I did feel quite queasy for a few days and a bit spaced out (thankfully this has now gone) and generally feel a lot more tired than before.

I was told by the hospital to expect to feel worse as things go on and that it would take longer to bounce back each time, so had a feeling it would go this way unfortunately.

Hope your remaining chemos aren’t too bad.

Claire