Drains question - help please

Thanks Evie-S, I really appreciate the information. It’s weird how the numbness can last so long. I will see the surgeon tomorrow afternoon and I will ask for an ultrasound that can be performed at the Breast Center which can be viewed by a skilled radiologist. I’m believing for a good report.

Hi Jay68!!

Hi Evie-S and Jay68,
I saw the surgeon on Monday and the oncologist today. I had an ultrasound and both examined the site and each reassured me that it was a collection of tissue, fluid, and perhaps a bit of swelling. Nothing to be concerned over. Thanks for all your kind words.

How are you both doing?

Hi ladies - just a quick update from me!

Exercises going well - did find them a bit tricky a couple of days ago, all seemed to be suddenly so tight - but perserverance has paid off and today they were better!

Received a phone call from breast nurse yesterday afternoon, it now seems they are considering rads for me to the collar bone and neck area? - waiting for the appointment to see rads/onc hopefully very soon - I have lots of questions…

Hope you’re both doing well x

Hi Evie-S and Jay68,

I pray you are both doing well. I’ve been blessed and visiting with a dear friend from out-of-state (Florida). She only stayed with me for eight days which went by so so quickly, but it was so nice. We went out site seeing everyday and church on Sunday. I did need a distraction from my constant thinking ?.

Evil-S I’m happy to hear of you starting a work-out routine. The gym is a great stress reliever, not to mention getting into shape. I know you will enjoy it - just take it slow at first.

Jay68 How are you feeling? Best wishes with the rad/one visit. I had the drains removed last week though I still had over 90-100ml daily. The surgeon did not want me to get an infection, but I now have much fluid in the area and will have to call for an appointment to get the fluid drained as the area looks like I still have my breast lol
Are you having any fluid?

Hi Jay68 and Evie-S,

I wanted to check-in and say “Hello”. I did have a wonderful time with my friend. She has been back at home for over a week now and I do miss all the fun we had. I had my some fluid drained last week and scheduled to have more drained this Thursday. I feel well and the start of chemotherapy has not been bad.
I went to my first physical therapy session since the op four weeks ago. It was actually pretty cool. It was nice to get a message and to learn about even more exercises I can do to improve my range of motion.

Well, I pray all is well with the both of you.

Hi Evie-S and Jay68,

Evie I pray that you are recovered from that cold and ready to enjoy the workout at the gym lol ?
I actually have two more sessions of chemotherapy and the med is Taxotere. It has been less harsh than the first set. I don’t know if rads are going to be required yet, but it was the initial plan before the mascetomy. I will set an appointment soon with the radiologist.

Jay68- I did talk with the physical therapist about cording, it has not happened at this point and she did mention that it may often leave on its own. I pray that happens in your case. I will look into the May 2017 thread.

Both you have Evie-S have been so helpful with info and such kind and supportive words. I really appreciate you both. I’m off to surgeon to have fluid drained, this is the second time. I pray it is the last. You all have a wonderful day. God bless you both.