Enlarged Lymph glands ??

Hi everyone, I cant believe im on here as im sure you all felt , I found my lump 10 days ago with a searing pain in Right breast , had the 3 tests yesterday, mammogram, ultrasound and biopsys x 3, results on my birthday next tuesday !!, I was feeling slightly uplifted after 1st examination as the consultant was concerned but said lump was under 1cm so very small and probably early stages, but after the mammogram was advised my lymph glands are enlarged, does anyone know what this means, and how it may affect the outcome of my results next week, any advice would be so helpful as feeling at a loss right now soon as lymphs where mentioned I sort of lost the plot silly I know

Hello lottie63

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very worrying time for you, I’m sure the users of the site will be along to support you soon.

Whilst waiting for replies maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information.
The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes
June, moderator

Hi lottie
I just wanted to add if the lymph nodes are infected it’s not a death sentence I had it in 3 of my nodes and that was 2 yrs ago

The waiting is really the worst but until you get the full story and then get a treatment plan in place you will start to feel much better and be able to fight the bugger

All the best with your results please keep us posted
Sending positive vibes for you

Alison x

I had enlarged lymph glands but when thy were biopsies they were clear. Unfortunately my lump was bc so have ha to have the whole raft of treatment, but thankfully am now at the other side.

The waiting is definitely the worst because Until you get the results you don’t know what you are dealing with.

Hi again,
thanks for getting back to me so soon, so scared and confused … trying hard not to dwell until i get results but so hard not too, im a strong girl and never shy away from a fight so whatever the results say im prepared to kick some butt !! everyone on here is so helpful what an eyeopener though so many people affected by this sending out good vibes to all

hi lottie
i to had swollen lymph nodes showing on ct scan but they ended up fine when removed and biopsied

lizzy c