Er+pr- her2-

Hello

I have just been diagnosed with er+ pr- her2- lobular cancer in my right breast measuring 10mm on mammogram 8 mm on ultrasound, I am waiting for mri result.
I am concerned about the pr- it seems to be uncommon and a worst prognosis?
Do you have any information on this type?

Thanks

Lizzie

1 Like

I tried to avoid looking at prognosis stats as they are scary but really dont apply to the individual. Make sure you are only looking at reputable websites like breast cancer now or Macmillan when looking for info. Its understandable to have concerns so make list of any questions you want to ask your consultant and I always recorded appointments on my phone as you dont take it all in. Its the start of a journey none of us want to start. My very best wishes to you.

4 Likes

I’m the same type started treatment this time last year. My onc said prognosis is not worse despite what I’ve read

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply, it’s good to hear I’m not the only one and comforting to know what your onc said, do you mind me asking what treatment you had?

Hope you are keeping well

1 Like

Hi
I was heading for radiation and hormones as I was grade 2. Unfortunately I had a micro trace in my sentinel node which changed things and I had an oncotype test. This came back high so chemo was recommended . I did act which was 4 sessions of ac ( in uk they use ec usually) I’m in Ireland . Anyway 4 x ac every 2 weeks . Did fine till caught infection on last one , and ended up with sepsis.
Then switched to weekly taxol was due 12 but only had 9. Then 20 sessions of radiation now I’m on letrozole . It’s all doable wasn’t nice but doable . Let me know how you get on with results x
Lobular usually has lower oncoscores so hopefully you will escape chemo

1 Like

Oh dear sorry to hear about the sepsis, I have strong family history as my mum had breast cancer in her right breast at 55 and in the left breast at 59 then again in the right at 83! She died of a stroke two years ago, her last cancer was ductal but I don’t know about the first two.
When I got my diagnosis I immediately asked for a double mastectomy and reconstruction and the doctor said it was possible because of my mum but I would have to speak to a psychologist, she did say it could only be a 1% difference in recurrence, since then I have calmed down a bit and am now erring towards the lumpectomy and radiotherapy unless of course the mri changes things
I assume you got the node result after surgery?

We did a road trip round Ireland last June- I had never been before and it was absolutely stunning, the people were so lovely and friendly and we will definitely be back although at the minute I can’t see past my treatment! Xx

2 Likes

Hello Lizzie,

Thanks for posting. You explain being diagnosed with lobular breast cancer which is oestrogen receptor positive (ER+) progesterone negative (PR-) and HER2 negative.

Prognosis depends on a range of different characteristics; individual features of the cancer are not taken in isolation.

As @Galaq says prognosis statistics can be scary and not helpful for individuals. They are also not always accurate. The best people to speak to about your own situation would be your treatment team.

Sentinel lymph node biopsy results are usually available after surgery. You also mention family history. Our information about this might be of interest.

You can carry on chats on the forum in the main section. As well as support through the forums you may want to know about our other supportive services.

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information if necessary. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

As we are unable to monitor for further replies, this thread will now be closed. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread, call our helpline, email us or request a call back.