Ex-m-i-l with breast cancer

Ex-m-i-l with breast cancer

Ex-m-i-l with breast cancer Hi all

Not sure where to start so thought I’d jump in and post having had a brief look at the threads.

My ex-m-i-l was diagnosed with breast cancer very suddenly a few months ago, resulting in a swift mastectomy.

I am doing / have done my best to support her although naturally there are gaps in communication where either my busy life takes over, or hers with hospital visits etc.

Essentially she has been given very little outside support although did have a counsellor provided by the hospital until very recently - although this counsellor is now leaving, so another one, we hope, will be provided.

So my question is two-fold: she needs to find a (low cost if possible) local counsellor and secondly perhaps a breast cancer support group in her area (Devon).

Please contact me privately if you are able to help as I am loathe to give too many details out on an open forum.

Many thanks in advance

Txx

Dear twigcat I would like to suggest that you contact our helpline for information about local support groups and counsellors as you have requested on 0808 800 6000. The helpline is open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm and the helpliners will be able to help you with this information.

Private messaging is not available on this site at present and we do not allow the swapping of private information such as email addresses and names so other users would only be able to offer support and advice via this forum, although I am sure you will find this helpful.

Kind regards
Forum Host
Breast Cancer Care

Hi, and thanks for your help - I will send those phone numbers on to her :slight_smile:

Txx

i am in wilts but going to woodland park in devon in the school holidays and i am meeting some ladies from the web site there, we are meeting up at 3 o’clock in the cafe.
the other site has pm facilities after you have done 5 posts.
hope this is of some help,
sharon