Expat-France

Hi Stuart

I’ve been living in France for just a couple of years now, so not really an expert, but along with the EHIC and insurance, which I’m sure you’ve already sorted out, it might be an idea to get a short summary (one page of A4 could well do it) written in French of Vicky’s bc history, what medication she is on, her blood group, any other problems she might have (hypertension for example). Your UK onc’s fax, 'phone and e-mail might also be a good idea.

In France, as I expect you know, the patient is in control of their medical records, including scans and results of blood tests, so they would be surprised that you would be travelling without these; that’s why a little summary would be so useful to them.

I’ve been very pleased with the standard of care here, but hopefully you and Vicky will have an enjoyable break and not discover this for yourselves firsthand!

X

S

Thanks for that S :slight_smile:

Vicky’s care when she was first taken ill in 2005 was superb and she was indeed sent back to the UK with all her files, cd-rom etc which our local NHS trust promptly managed to lose :frowning:

Very good idea about having a summary in French and I’ll get that sorted asap as we have fluent French speakers here in my office thankfully.

Just month to go now and very much looking forward to it :wink:

Stuart