extra support

Hi everyone was wondering how everyone was feeling in the, selves im feeling very low today very snappy and i just want to punch someone is this normal to feel like this i live in the stoke on trent area does anyone else live close.
lots of love
patsy xxx
big hugs sent to all

Hi patsy

Please call our helpline for some extra support and a ‘listening ear’, the number is 0808 800 6000 and it’s open until 5pm, it may help you to share your feelings with someone and have a chat about how you are feeling, (weekdays 9-5 and Sat 9-2).

Kind regards
Lucy

Hi Patsy

I know that feeling up and down then up and down again. It’s only natural to feel that way, you have breast cancer it’s a big deal. You are living with this every minute of every day it’s going to get to you sometimes. Try not to punch anyone no matter how tempting!!!.

It’s good to know that we all feel the same, we are only human at the end of the day.

Sending you lots of love and hugs

Ann

xxx

Hi Patsy,
You are completely normal!
Encountering bc for most of us is a completely new ‘experience’ we get caught by a whole range of emotions which can completely overwhelm us. One day everything is alright and in a matter of minutes a lump, a scan and a diagnosis turns our world upside down.
The whole ‘process’ Its often likened to a rollar coaster where you are strapped in, can’t get out and are then sent onto the ups and downs of the track ahead - quite a scarry prospect.
I don’t know about you but I am definitely not a rollar coaster fan!
So take it easy, be gentle on yourself and remember there is loads of support on here.

Magsi x

Hello Patsy

What a relief to hear that someone else wants to punch people!! I have felt like this on and off since diagnosis 6 months ago and I actually want to punch complete strangers in the street as well as individual people who aggravate me. Anger is a natural response to what we are going through. I try to get rid of it by talking through my feelings and also anything physical (a brisk walk, or punching a cushion rather than a person) can help.

On the good side, anger is a very energising emotion and one of the things you need to cope with the treatment and the highs and lows is lots of emotional energy.

Be nice to yourself and keep on coming on this site

Louise x