Fast growing lump

Hello,

I am 38 and had a baseline mammogram about three months ago. A year ago I had mirena put in (which I love).

Two days ago, I found a lump in my left breast. Its hard, roundish and about the size of a nickel. I am sure this lump was not there when I had the mammogram so what I’m thinking is that its hormonal but was hoping someone could give me a little advice of what it sounds like.

Its not painful per say but of course I keep touching it and so now my breast is sore. Whether its from me messing with it or the lump, I have no idea.

Thank you.

Best to get it checked out - better safe than sorry. I’d definitely get an urgent GP referral.

Most of the time it is nothing - so I am told. So get it checked - better to be told it is nothing than to asked why you didn’t go earlier.

Good luck Jacqui

mammorams are not perfect for younger women - it could have been there and misseed, or it could be new, You have to go and get it checked out.

It’s quite possible this could be a harmless cyst - I was plagued with them in my early 40’s. Mine seemed to appear and grow quickly, and the doctor at the breast clinic would syringe the fluid out. Having said that, you really must go and get it properly checked out. As everybody else has said, it’s far better to be safe than sorry!

All the best

xxx