Fed up with no sex drive!

I’ve been having zoladex injections and have been taking Tamoxifen since the end of last year and i just don’t feel like me. I used to have such a high sex drive and now i’m just not interested. I feel so sorry for my husband. I feel like he’s being pushed away. But its not just that.

I was so lucky that my hubby found my lump when it was small since it was a grade 3, and being young and wanting a family i was given the option to avoid chemo. Well, i had to chose. And i so feel for all the women (and men)out there that weren’t as lucky as me.

I’m having my genes tested next week and am not really sure what to think.

All in all my head is a bit of a mess tonight.

Hello susie

No I don’t feel like me either. I blame the Tamoxifen, before BC I loved sex and now although when we actually do it, I do enjoy it, I don’t feel motivated at all to bother very often. I have a fantastic husband and he says all he cares about is that my BC was treated and that I am still here with him but I feel so guilty towards him (and despite his devotion, worry sometimes that he will get fed up of me).

I am torn between feeling grateful that my BC was treatable and resentful that I got it in the first place, and I wonder if in three years time when the Tamoxifen ends, whether I will stop feeling I am 100 years old.

Good luck with the genetic testing. My Mum died of BC earlier this year and with me having it too, my sister has started the investigation progress to see if she needs genetic testing

Hi Susie

In addition to the support you have here please do feel free to call our helpline for a listening ear on 0808 800 6000, weekdays 9-5 and Sat 9-2. I have also posted a link to the BCC publication ‘Sexuality, intimacy and breast cancer’ which you may find helpful to read:

breastcancercare.org.uk/healthcare-professionals/publications/health-and-wellbeing/*/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publicationId/20/

Take care
Lucy

I’m the same as you two.

Before BC I loved sex and had a healthy sex drive. Now I do enjoy it, but just don’t have the urge to initiate it.

I have not put on weight, eating well, exercising and am not really bothered by only having one boob but still do’t feel like having sex too often. To me it is one of the most annoying side effects. My partner is great but I do wish sometimes I just felt a bit more sexual. At first I blamed the chemo, but now on tamoxifen, still not back to normal in that department - it could be a long 5 years!

ive started a thread egarding mcmillan and relate joining forces they have free councelling for this stuff as well as the other.
sue