Feeling scared about having radioactive injection

Has anyone has a lumpectomy and returned home the same day? How were you? I have to be alone the day after because my hubby work commitments. I am planning to sleep until lunchtime when he returns. Will I be ok?

Thank you all.  I am still very nervous as I have just read they inject you around the nipple area with no numbing first, some people were lucky to be given numbing cream on prescription but I haven’t been advised of this.  I am really really scared of the pain my stomach is churning and I am shaking all the time.  Can I demand they give me something for the pain first? crying now!!

Thanks ladies it’s just that they Saudi had to have the blue dye done the day before as i am having my op the day after somewhere else. Is the dye injected under anaesthetic or has anyone experienced it being done separate? I read they can’t use local as it affects the dye… watering it down?

Not Saudi!! Said!!

Hi it’s wussy Alibobs here again. Anxiety was going off the scale so this is being typed under the power of diazapam! !! Gp recommended it to calm me down. He also prescribed me some emla numbing cream to use before the isotope injection tomorrow. Has anyone else used this stuff?

Honestly Ali, I found the whole thing absolutely fine, the staff were great, it was all relaxed & it really was not painful, only a scratch.
As ever, the mind can go into overdrive in anticipating these things, building it into something it’s not.
It will be fine.
ann x

Ladies thank you!! I am home from the injection and can honestly say it was probably the easiest thing I have ever had to do! Helped by lashings of emla cream and popped a diazepam a couple of hours before!! Had the scans done and now at home contemplating the next process!! The dreaded grab wire in the morning and op in the afternoon!! Want to thank you all who tried to put my mind at rest and for your support. Please say one for me tomorrow ???

A very early good morning to you all!! So it’s over!! Had the wire thingy done yesterday morning. A touch uncomfortable but bearable! Was 2mg diazapsmed up and tried to think lovely things whilst babbling to the nurse abouut my family and nearly breaking her hand!! Checked in at hospital 3pm. Had surgery 4.30 pm. Was back home by 9pm last night. Woke early this morning for A cuppa!keeping in front with the meds and don’t feel too bad! Onwards and upwards now!! Little sxxt had been removed and 1 node. Results in 2 week. Lets think positive!!! Looking forward to looking less like a Halloween ghoul eventually but chuckling at my mermaid wee!!! Thank you everyone for your support so far. We have got this ladies!!???

Thank you Helena x