Feeling tired

Hello UKRose and all

The tiredness thing is so common as far as I can see that it’s almost normal. Of course you should follow Chocciemuffin’s advice and get yourself checked over - if your red blood cell count stays down there are too few vehicles for the oxygen.

I totally concur with the description of overwhelming weariness - it does feel a bit like 'flu. It just came on most days like hitting a wall. Little choice but to lie down. Some days, like others, I just went from bed to settee. Other days I cracked on until early aternoon and then - wham - I just slept for a couple of hours.

I am lucky in that I have just about retired so v. little work to do. My OH and I travelled round during the better weeks in our campervan. When I needed to sleep, I did. We saw lots of friends and family, good walks (sometimes longish, sometimes v. short), nice meals, lots of fun. I didn’t want it to stop us having a good time but I did spend chunks of days unconscious! At home, I did the jobs I was able to and didn’t feel too guilty about stopping. My OH has been great and managed most things. It must be v. diff for people living on their own.

I imagine most poisons hit your body hard and you have to respond when you need to rest. Exercise probably does keep your circulation and heart in better nick and gives you a bit of a feeling of well-being but if you can’t you can’t.

I finished chemo end of June, short break then 3 weeks daily radio. I’m afraid I’m still much more tired than I was in the “olden days” prior to all this, but it is getting better a bit more each day.

Good luck! Check that your ‘bloods’ are not a cause for concern; rest and enjoy as much as you can. It’s all there to help us get through… Cheers HP

Thank you hotpot. i feel much better now not so tried::::slight_smile: i feel like my old self/ I am having my second round of chemo next week. So it back to feeling tried.

Rose xx

Well I hate to tell you if you didn’t know, but even after all the chemo sessions are done you can still feel totally wiped out.

My last chemo was 2nd August, still feeling utterly zonked. I make myself do stuff but then crash mid afternoon and have to sleep for a couple of hours, this happens most days.

My BCN says it can take 3-6 months for all the effects of chemo to leave your system and the repairs to be done, which is what causes the fatigue.

I’m totally terminally BORED by it all - no work, noone around in the daytime as my mates all work, no money. If another person tells me to “chill out and read a book” I’ll thump them. WTF do they think I’ve been doing for the past 6 months? Climbing mountains?
Don’t they think they’d be bored and frustrated by now? Grrrrr.
Yeah at first it’s like “Oh I can get all the stuff done now I’m not working, I can read, watch tv, films, do those little jobs you never get round to” etc, but after 6 months of all of this everything is “Done” and you have no money to entertain yourself with. It’s no holiday.

So it’s dull. Dull. Dull. And no energy for leaping around the place either. I’ve managed a few times to force myself to do some painting of woodwork in our living room and felt enourmously proud of myself for managing to DO something productive.

Hello EL, i know this was my frist chemo and the i think after six session i will very tierd.

Hope you feel better soon.

Rose x