Finger nails after taxol

Just finished 18 weeks of taxol and hoping to start feeling better. However the finger nails that were starting to play up have become a nightmare - they are all painful and loose but a couple have obviously become infected and i don’t know what to do for the best. I haven’t seen anyone else complaining of problems , yet i thought this was quite common. Any tips?
Sarcath

Hi
my nail went purple and then fell out . If you have an infection it needs looking at as you may need antibiotics. could you go to your GP today? best not to leave it
lol Rehana louise

Thanks for replying - in my heart of hearts I know you are right and I did think of it and then just decided to soldier on - not very clever really - and see how things went. I’ll do something tomorrow if they don’t improve - I hate doctors’ surgeries. It’s good to hear from someone with similar problems - thank you
sarcath

Just to say that once your GP has sorted out the infection make sure that you keep your nails short, and use a nail strengthener on them too. I had my last docetaxel at the end of September but my fingernails still look pretty grim, but they are still with me though.

Goood luck

sarcath

There is a thread about this in undergoing chemotherapy started on 28th Jan. It’s currently on page 3 of latest posts too.

Hi
And thank you all for helpful comments. Gave in today and rang onc outpatients, was ordered in promptly and prescribed not one but two antibiotics.
I too had docetaxel some years ago but nails seem worse this time. As long as the infection clears up i’ll be happy(-ish)
sarcath