Finish chemo July 10th got to have mastectomy July 16th!

I am not very happy about this as I was hoping to have a rest before surgery. The problem is we are going to the UK for a week for a family wedding and the surgeon does not want a 5 week delay. Also he want me to have radiotherapy asap after surgery. He reckons I will be fit to fly on July 28th?

Wow that seems fast.

I finish chemo on 2nd July and my surgery is scheduled for 30th but he offered me a choice between the 30th July and the 13th August which is a 6 week gap, so he wasn’t worried about a slightly longer delay. I am having a node clearance and following with radiotherapy… Not sure how my whole treatment plan compares and whether this makes a difference…