first mammogram after having breast cancer -worried

first mammogram after having breast cancer -worried

first mammogram after having breast cancer -worried Today I had my first mammogram after finishing treatment. I felt quite positive and have even arranged a night out with the girls to celebrate!but then I stupidly asked to see the x rays! and now can’t stop worrying

Does anyone know what to look for on an x-ray? I saw a dark ball like patch and now I’m worried the cancer has come back. It was so stupid of me to look at it, but I just wanted reassurance I guess.

I came home and started to trawl the internet but can’t find anything to put my mind at rest.

Could do with some advice?

Karen

mammograms As a general rule fatty tissue appears dark, active breast tissue appears white, but very dense tissue is an overall grey. A dark ball like patch sounds normal to me, but everyones films are different so without seeing them it is impossible to give an accurate answer as the films need to be compared to your previous ones. Even seeing my own films I worry until I get the letter in my hand. Hope you get your results soon and try not to worry too much.
Jakey

Please try not to worry about this; I have had 3 mammograms since my op; they all show a dark ‘blob’ where the cancer was removed which my surgeon tells me is nothing more than scar tissue. Take care.
Mole