First mammogram after treatment and really nervous!

Hi all

I had WLE and SNB last September followed by rads in November. I have my first anual mammogram next week and I’m so scared! My boob still quite tender, especially around the nipple and the thought of it being squished that hard is freaking me out - it was bad enough before I had cancer! (I am a real wimp when it comes to pain!)

Also, I have an appointment through for oncology for two weeks later - presumably this is to get the results? Who will I see at this appointment, my oncologist or my surgeon?

I really don’t want to go back in there. I didn’t have a hard time, treatment wise, and was very lucky that it was caught early so not sure why I’m getting myself so wound up about it.

Is it normal to feel like this and will the mammogram be much more painful than first time?

Lu x

Hi Lucy12

Sorry you haven’t had any replies to your questions as yet, but hopefully someone will now see your post.  In the meantime if you need to talk to someone in confidence, then please don’t hesitate to call the helpline here.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator