Found a lump - fibroadenoma?

Hi all, new to this.
First off, I found a lump back in February/March, and after weeks of putting the doctors off I finally went. I was referred to the hospital in April. When I got to the hospital, I seen a doctor who examined me and felt the lump. He said it could be a cyst and may need lancing. I went in another room for my US, and immediately I was told its a fibroadenoma. I thought it was strange how she knew straight away but I thought they must know what they are on about. I was sent away with a leaflet informing me about fibroadenomas with no need for a follow up.
However, for the past 3 weeks I have had a sore breast, starting from when my period finished which isn’t normal for me I usually get tender breasts in the run up to my next period and once it comes the tenderness goes. It’s hurting when I’m washing it in the bath. Also I noticed my nipple is different on that breast and also that breast has grew in size, to the point of it seems to be bulging out of my bra. There seems to be a lot more tissue In that breast and the lump is still there. I came on this website and found lots of people who have been diagnosed with a fibroadenoma then when they had it taken out, it was stage 3 cancer. So I made another appointment with the doctor and told him about the changes and after he examined me he went on the report the hospital sent in April, and it was 1cm, he said it has gone a little bit bigger now. I’m only 18 and “it’s rare” to have breast cancer but you hear so many stories now, I have been referred to the hospital again and the letter came yesterday and it says “urgent breast care” and this has worried me a little bit. I have my appointment a week Wednesday. Someone please advise me on this. Thank you

Hello Amy-18

Welcome to the forums, this must be very difficult time for you.  I’m sure other users will be along to support you soon. 

In the meantime, maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer practical information as well as emotional support. The lines are open again n the morning and the free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator