Found a lump, now waiting for appt at breast clinic

Hi,

I am 30 and found a lump in my breast a few months ago now. I didn’t think much of it, thought it might be hormonal. I found it while showering and it has been getting bigger so decided to go to my GP. She said she could feel a lump and also a thickening and has referred me to the breast clinic. She said she isn’t overly concerned but it is still worrying, you always think the worst! I have since phoned the breast clinic and it is a 7 week wait for routine appointments. That just seems ages away! Does anyone else have similar experience? What could the thickening bit be?

Thanks,

Laura

Hello Lauraloo1612

Welcome to the forums, you’ve come to the right place for support as the users of this site have a wealth of experience and knowledge between them.

If you would like to talk to someone in confidence you may like to phone our helpline  where you can talk to a member of staff who are there to support you. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hi Laura I’ve got the same going on but mine hurts too, I’ve got pain in the breast and h Der arm it’s driving me crazy! I saw the doctor yesterday who could feel a thickeneing so I’ve been referred to breast clinic. She didn’t seem overly concerned either but I don’t think they are meant to show that they are worried are they!?!?