frightned

i had momamogram just over a week ago i have now had a letter telling me im being called to hospital this monday im so scared

Hi - I am sorry you have had this letter. However, it may be because the mammogram was not clear and they may wish to check it.

Even if they have seen a lump - the majority are not cancer.

I would like to say try not to worry too much but I know this will be impossible but I will be thinking of you on Monday.

Janvis xxx

hi,

it is only natural to be scared,

try to be positive there are a number of reasons you may have been called back,

dont let your imagination run away with you,

good luck for monday, keep us posted,

love liz xxxx

Hi tart with hart (love the posting name by the way!)

I’m not going to tell you not to worry because when someone tells you not to do something, we all do it anyway :slight_smile:

Not sure what your usual coping mechanism is when you’re faced with any kind of worry in your life, but just try to apply the same approach. I usually keep myself very busy doing something that occupies my mind. And I talk. Alot! Ring or visit family or friends and just talk. Go out for dinner, shopping, the gym (if you go), take the kids out (if you have any), declutter your kitchen cupboards/wardrobes/loft/whatever.

Try and take it all in your stride. Whatever tomorrow holds you can deal with it then. But for now, just deal with today.

What would you usually do on a Sunday?

Deb x

hi thanks for taking the time out i havnt told anyone whats happening to me got to go to the hospital tomorow cant believe that this is happening.dont know how to

Tart with hart, I’m with Furball. (And yes, great name).

If you can get on with your usual Sunday, perhaps a bit of treating yourself gently too, a nice long bath perhaps? And maybe a early night (but take a book with you for the wee small hours in case you can’t sleep).

As for telling anyone, right now there isn’t anything TO tell. Take your time about telling people about it, there’s no rush, and until you have something specific to say (either “I had a bit of a scare the other week” kind of thing or “not such good news”, but hopefully the first) then there isn’t really a lot you CAN say.

We’re all rooting for you, so please come back and let us know how you get on. We’re all hoping it’ll be good news, but even if it’s not, we’re here for you.

CM
x

had a core biopsy today the next 48 hours seem a life time to get my results but after a restless night i decided to tell close family and after a lot of tears a lot of support.but i really want to thank every one on here who took the time to send me a message love to you all.x

TWH, expect to have multicoloured bruises that look pretty spectacular, but they will fade, and make use of painkillers if you need to, there are no prizes for enduring pain if you don’t have to.

Good luck for your results. Incidentally, even though I am here because a biopsy found a lump, I had a second biopsy on another area following an MRI and that came back as just normal breast changes so no need for any treatment at all, so lumps can and do come back as not needing any treatment of any kind. Fingers crossed.

what a bad night didnt think 48 hours could be so long i never wish the time away but i am now i want tomorow to come so i find out one way or the other.

Fingers crossed you get a clear result. Which area are you in, my hospital took TEN DAYS for my core biopsy result which was agonising.

Come back and let us know how you get on, fingers crossed it will be nothing serious.