From DCIS to invasive - I'm terrified

They’d done that and then the bag was put back on the table and my bag got picked up by another nurse who started walking off with it, that’s when I said that’s my bag of stuff where are you going with it. Please don’t let that worry you at all, like I’ve said my team at my trust we’re excellent, it was just a very busy day for them and there were new staff on too and I’m sure it would have been checked again before they administered it. :two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

1 Like

And it was 2017-2028 when that happened there might be more checks that trusts have to adhere to now too :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

2 Likes

2017-2018 sorry text gremlins out today :roll_eyes::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

2 Likes

We are only allowed 1 person in to stay fir your very first session. After that you’re on your own x

1 Like

Hiya ,I was the same went from dcis to invasive,from grade 2 on biopsy to grade 3 at surgery, from 18mm to 25mm and then her2 test came back positive, I already knew I was ER and PR positive ,I felt the same as you as I was getting worse news at every step , thankfully nodes were clear , my diagnosis was 23rd September 2022, I had a wide local excision lumpectomy with partial reconstruction, I did EC chemotherapy then Docetaxel 3 weekly then was switched to paclitaxel, my hair started growing back on paclitaxel and overall I found this chemotherapy the easiest to manage, I have just a week ago had number 15/18 Herceptin, I had 20 sessions of radiotherapy last year and take tamoxifen and will soon be starting zoladex , it is a long road but with this amount of treatment and being stage 1A without any spread I’m hopeful that I will have all the protection possible to stop it coming back , I hope your getting on ok with your treatment, and as much as time might feel like it’s crawling right now you will soon get through it and be looking back on it rather than living through on it xx

2 Likes

Thanks so much Michelle. You sound so positive and thank you for sharing your journey. It does seem a long road, you’re right! I have my 4th treatment tomorrow of 12 so will be a third of the way through and it’s so good to get January done! I’m having 9 Herceptin in total, then radiotherapy then bone infusions for 3 years. We can do this! Take care. xxxx