GMTV, Me and Coronation street....

hi anna, will be watching i dont normally watch corrie but my kids do but the original story line sounded just like me i was diagnosed just b4 sally on 9th dec was told caught early ultra sound showd no node involvement n said i would have to have lumpectomy n snb n would only need radiotherapy. so watched corrie to see what was happening as seemed so similar but i told my 2 girls the same day (how can u keep that news away from them). i had my op 3 days b4 xmas n no way cud i hav gon to th trafford ,centre, cuddled like that, wore a tight coat n clutched magazines to my chest.unfortunately i wasnt as lucky as sally i was told my sentinal node had 6mm in so would hav to hav further surgery 8 doses of chemo then radiotherapy. 6 t 7 months of treatment. think they made it sound all 2 simple n that it was all over the ops r major to get over n from what iv read th radiotherapy is 2 lets hope they try n do th rest a bit more tactfull. good luck rozita xxxxxxx

Hi,

You may not see this before the ‘big’ day but good luck anyway!

I agree with the others, please give a big thanks to BCC for this forum.

Regarding the Corrie storyline, I think it has been done quite well, allowing for it being soapland, but do hope that it will keep appearing from time to time as a reminder to viewers that it’s not usually just a case of ‘that’s it,treatment over,back to normal’. The effects of treatment can go on for years - sorry if this alarms some people - and in my case I found it hardest 2 yrs down the line last summer. Think you can click on my profile for my diagnosis etc. Perhaps they could have made it a bit ‘harder’ and give a bit more info within the context of a hospital appointment with regard to side effects and future possibilities and support available - that would be my only criticism - but that may put people off watching which would defeat the object!

Not relating to Corrie (just seen gocat’s post and realised I didn’t make it clear) - any chance of saying that it is not a pink,fluffy disease - I lost my identity, sense of purpose, confidence, stamina and my personality changed and I have dealt with it all in a positive way and was sooo lucky not to suffer too much with chemo side effects. Nevertheless, I have had to retire from work aged 44 such are the long term repercussions (and my small bone secondaries).

I’ve settled into my new ‘normal’ life and am very happy now in spite of the bone mets and am making the most of things.

Will watch with great interest.

Lots of luck and admiration, Liz

To be fair, dont think they have mentioned anything about the pink fluffy stuff yet.
My only critisism is the time scale re results/radiotherapy etc. They should have spread it out a bit more to make it realistic.

Will look out for you Monday Anna.

Hello every one, there has been a slight change to the GMTV programing I will now be on, on Tuesday morning not Monday…

I hope you get to read this before Monday…

Anna
xxx

PS Thank you for all your comments I will try to include your feedback in my interview. xxx

thanks for the update, was wondering where you were this morning,…

Bump as a reminder for tomorrow morning :slight_smile:

Anna, just watched you on GMTV, had a wee cry at the beginning when you were talking about telling your youngest. You done fantastic and should be very proud of yourself.

love

Carol xxx

Well done Anna. You were brillant, i too had tears.

Gina x

Well done, you were great and you made me cry
galen x

Anna I thought you were wonderful. Thank you for telling how it is. I had a little cry too.

Best wishes, and good luck to you for a good recovery.

Sheila xx

Hi Anna, thought you did wonderfully well with Lorraine - it must have been really emotional filming that first part. All the best with your final chemo and rads.

Take care
Lesley xx

Hi,

just seen your GMTV interview and wanted to say ‘well done’ to you xx
You looked lovely and your make up looked brill…did they do it for you?? Good luck with your last chemo on Thurs…my last is tomorrow!!
remember what Dr Hilary said…lots of smiling and laughing helps!!!

Love to all xx

Sarah x

Hi Anna

Well done on the interview, you were fantastic and looked lovely.

Good luck for your last chemo

AM xx

Well done you! Yes, you did look glam! xJacqx

Saw you this morning and just wanted to say well done and thank you for doing such a good job for us! Last chemo for you Thursday - whoop whoop

Katie x

Hi Anna you were great bought back so many memories and made me cry. Just remebering the hard slog through 6 chemos. It is two year since I was diagnosed had chemo 2xsurgeries / reconstruction then 25 rads(they were easy) good luck with the rest of your treatment. I can honestly say now I have hair! and am very nearly back to normal.
Good Luck TrudyB

Hi Anna, well done - you looked great and Dr Hilary was trying to get his arm round you - you lucky thing! Well done for plugging BCC too and good luck!
Al
x

Hi Anna

Was good to see you on tv. You are looking well, despite all the s**t bc throws at us!

Julia xx

Missed it…Does anyone know a link so i can watch it from the internet? Thanks.Gill x

Hi Anna

Watched in awe this morning as you looked sooo good. Very teary when you were saying about your children as I think that must be one of the hardest things to do.

Good luck for last chemo on Thursday Brilliant…

Babs xx