Got to go tomorrow to get results!

Had a routine checkup after the last one 3 years ago and it didn’t come back clear! The gave me an ultra sound and took samples for checking. Stated that my lymps looked ok etc. Now have to go back tomorrow for the results but the doctor stated that it didn’t look good when I saw her. Not expecting good news tomorrow so I’m gearing myself up for it. What really ticks me off is that in arround 2003/2004 I was told that although I have an identical twin sister who is twice recovering from bc and there has only been, as far as we know, one bc occurance in the family, I was not considered a high risk and would have to wait for mams every 3 years! Now here I am with every likelyhood of being quite the opposite. That’s my rant over with. Having previously been clear after many mams I guess it was only a matter of time before the hammer would fall. Haven’t told my twin siter yet (she lives in the US and has had all of her treatment over there through a very high level of medical insurance which she needed to have). The doctor couldn’t feel anything in the breast and neither could I but the mam and ultra sound showed something highly suspicious at around 1cm. I’m trying to keep my thoughts positive because of my sisters experiences and two friend that have also been through this over the last 10 years. We will see what they have to say and what we are dealing with tomorrow and like everyone else take it from there!

Hi Beryl,

Really hope you get good news tomorrow. Fingers crossed for you. Stay calm!

Mxx

ditto hope you have good news tomorrow - keep us posted…
Mary

Dear Beryl,welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the valuable support here you are welcome to call the helpline where you can talk your concerns over with one of our team, the lines open 9-5 in the week and 9-2 Sat on 0808 800 6000.

Take care
Lucy