Hair products

Hi
Ive recently finished cold capping and chemo and will embark on radiotherapy shortly
Ive managed to keep 50-60% of my hair but uts so thin
Could you please advise me when/ if i can use hair products to aid regrowth such as Plantur shampoo and tonic,?
Is there anything i can do to promote the regrowth?

Thank you

Hi Curlywurly1

Thanks for posting asking about products to aid hair regrowth after chemotherapy.

Most people who have hair loss or hair thinning from chemotherapy treatment notice their hair starts to grow back once treatment is completed. The rate of growth will vary from person to person.

You ask about Plantar shampoo, although there is some evidence that caffeine shampoos may promote hair regrowth, there is currently no evidence that these shampoos work for people who have had breast cancer treatment. You may like to see what other women have tried by posting on this part of our Forum.

Our booklet breast cancer and hair loss has further information that you may find helpful.

The organisation Cancer Hair Care offers support and information to women experiencing hair loss or hair thinning from cancer treatment.

We offer a range of free supportive services for anyone who has had a diagnosis of breast cancer which you may be interested in.

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen to your concerns, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK - prefix 18001).

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am - 1pm on Saturday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Louise

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.