Has anyone changed career after treatment

Long story, short I want to leave my job. It is stressful, always hectic, lots of politics, and have a manager who depends on me to do her job while I get paid as a tech writer. I am sure it did not cause the BC, but I am sure, like others in this thread, that it did not help either. To make it even more stressful, I have been with this company for 5 years, and have been commuting for 1.5 hrs each way all that time. I used to work a 50-55 hr week. Now, they are moving all facilities to one area, farther away. If I continue with this job, when I return to work in Summer or Fall, it will be 2 hrs one way, 4 hrs a day. That’s insane. To drive that far to be stressed out and upset. I don’t have the guts to say I will never go back, like the money, but am realizing that it is just totally surreal. As you have all said in many diff ways, life is too short.
Now that I am home, I am much more at ease. I used to be cursing to myself all the time, angry. That has stopped. We have many problems, but why ask for more by going back into a negative, angry world?
I am trying to imagine what I can do. I am dreaming of working part-time; nearing retirement (61) so am not so far away from it. OH (other half?) says I can stop whenever I want to – he is making a good salary and we are just the two of us now. (I robbed the cradle, he is 6 yrs younger than me…wahoo!) It’s true that the more you have, the more you spend.I have missed cooking; with all the time o the road, I was off to work by 6:30 am and back home by 6-6:30 pm. OH gets too hungry to wait, so he has done majority of cooking. I miss it bigtime. I miss having time to have friends, to be with folks, to volunteer at the church, to actually DO things.
OK, enough said. That is my 2 cents. Just can’t figure out how to go about leaving. I am disgustingly responsible.

Emily
xxx