Has anyone experienced anaphalactic shock reaction to Neurolasta injection? (Pegfilgrastin)

Hi, I would really like the heads up from any one else unlucky enough to suffer this allergy, before I see my Oncolgist on Friday. I m on my first cycle of FEC, following a mastectomy in May. The reaction was nearly fatal and so scary :frowning: Though fortunately I m fully recovered now. I ve goggled but can find v little information. Any advice, or experience of impact on treatment plans would be lovely. Many thanks. X

Hi siouxsie

Sorry you haven’t had any replies to your question as yet but hopefully someone will now see this post and get back to you.  You are more than welcome to give our helpline team a call if you wish.  Calls are free 0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hi Siouxsie

I had this reaction to docetaxyl and agree it was very scary. I’d not heard of it happening with neulasta. I was given the injection to take home and administer myself so I’m very glad it didn’t happen to me at that point when I was alone.

I’m quite sure there will be an alternative to it they can give you. Did they expect you to inject yourself? If so, I think I’d be asking for it to be given by a district nurse or go to your unit for it just in case it happened again.

Best wishes xx