Have you booked a place on the Younger Women Together in Edinburgh this weekend?

Booked a place on the Younger Women’s Together event in Edinburgh but worried about going alone?

Considering booking a place but not sure?

Every year we receive queries from women, including concerns about coming along to the event on their own. Feedback from previous events has said how helpful it was to talk before the event.
This thread is a chance for you to say hello and “meet” others attending the Younger Women Together. I will check in regularly and if you have any questions do let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Look forward to meeting you later this week

Steph

Hi Steph, See you Friday I’m looking forward to it.

Hi Steph and everyone, I’m looking forward to it too. I’m travelling from Aberdeen so will be arriving on Thursday afternoon. See you then, Lindsay

Hi Ladies! I’m so looking forward to meeting you all. It’ll be so lovely to meet women who have gone through the same experience as me, but are around the same age as me!
I’ll be there on Thursday. My name is Mari. X

Hello ladies!
I am also travelling to Edinburgh on Thursday afternoon… coming from Dundee. Is anyone getting the train through?
Looking forward to meeting you all!!

Sarah x

Hi I’m lynne I’m going on Friday morning only from livingston , a bit nervous I won’t know anyone ,but looking forward to talking to people that have been through the same thing xx

hello everyone, my name is Johan and I am travelling down from Lossiemouth on Thursday. I too am nervous about attending but also looking forward to it! I will be on the 16:02 train from Aberdeen…will anyone else be on this train? ?

Hello again, I’m getting the 13.25 train from Stonehaven due to arrive at 15.34 at Waverley. Let me know if any of you are on this train! I was going to kill a bit of time around the shops before getting a taxi to the hotel. I’m happy to meet up and share taxi if anyone would like. I agree it will be lovely to meet younger women who have been through the same as me, it’s a kind of sisterhood isn’t it?! X

hi I’m travelling from dundee on the 13.34 train is anyone else getting this train on Thursday afternoon looking forward to meeting you all glad to see there’s others going on Thursday.

Hey Ladies, I’m travelling from the Dalkeith area which isn’t too far from where the course is, but happy to car share if anyone else from the same direction? Safe Journey and look forward to meeting everyone on Friday :slight_smile:

Hi I’m arlene, coming from largs, Ayrshire.
I will be driving through around lunchtime and should arrive 3ish. I’m looking forward to meeting some familiar faces from the face book support groups x

Hi Arlene! ?

Hi Lindsay xxx

Hi ladies. My name is Susan. So looking forward to meeting up with everyone. Travelling from ayr with another two ladies on Thursday. Hoping to be there around 1 o’clock. Anyone else from over our way needing a lift. Give us a shout. Safe journey everyone see you all soon x

Hi everyone, my name is Andrea. I’ll be arriving on the Thursday evening. I won’t know anyone but I’m pretty sure it won’t take us long to get chatting! Really looking forward to meeting you all and to chat to folks around the same age group who have been through much the same. See you all Thursday or Friday. Andrea xx

Hi, looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday - Viv

Hi everyone I’m Julie, I’ll be travelling on Friday from Kilmarnock, Ayrshire. Looking forward to meeting you all xx

Hi ladies! My name is Kay (45 so just scrape in as ‘young’!!!) Not done anything like this before but looking forward to meeting you all and making new friends. I live in Alloa so will join you on Friday morning. Safe travelling. Kay?

Hi Everyone,

I am so glad I went to this. Really useful information & being around other younger ladies who have been through similar issues as me, helps me to know that I am not going mad!  Helen x