Have you booked a place on the Younger Women Together in Nottingham 20th and 21st June?

Hi

Booked a place on the Younger Women’s Together event in Nottingham but worried about going alone?

Considering booking a place but not sure?

Every year we receive queries from women, including concerns about coming along to the event on their own. Feedback from previous events has said how helpful it was to talk before the event.
This thread is a chance for you to say hello and “meet” others attending the Younger Women Together. I will check in regularly and if you have any questions do let me know and I will do my best to answer them.

Look forward to meeting you later this month

Steph

Bringing this to the top for anyone who might be interested.

Jo, Moderator

Hi all,
I’m recently diagnosed ant my BCN recommended coming along to this event. This is all new to me - I had my first round of chemo last week - so I’ll be the annoying one asking lots of questions!!!
I live in Nottingham which is very handy but if anyone needs taxi numbers or anything for getting to the hotel please give me a shout.
Looking forward to seeing you all next week,
Jenny

Hi jellybean243
I’m going too. I was diagnosed in November last year and have done chemo and surgery. Due to start rads the week after the forum.
I’m looking forward to meeting up and chatting to people. I’m sure you’ll get lots of good advice. Its a steep learning curve at the start.
Look fforward to meeting you. X

Hi jellybean243, jayfi and all,
I am coming to the event in Nottingham too, was diagnosed last July and have completed chemo and surgery. It will be great to meet you all and talk about the things we are all facing and maybe swap some advice.
See you next week.
X

Hi

I’ve never posted on a website thread before nor have I been to any support groups, despite this being the third time round for breast cancer for me. Initially diagnosed July 2009 and more recently in Feb, I had my 4/6 chemo last week.

I also live in Nottingham and thought it was an opportunity not to be missed despite feeling apprehensive. I am looking forward to meeting you all and finding out how you are coping and getting through it.

Here’s to Friday :heart:
Helen

Hello,

I am coming along to this too, and looking forward to it while also feeling a bit nervous.  I was diagnosed in November and had a mastectomy with immediate reconstruction using a silcone implant in January.  I have another operation coming up to do with the reconstruction.  Since my diagnosis I’ve also moved house twice and got married, it’s been an eventful few months!  My BCN suggested this event to me, she in fact used to work for Breast Cancer Care.

See you all soon,

Helen x

Hi jellybean,

I’ve edited the name of your BCN from your post as we aren’t allowed to name health professionals on the forum (even if it’s to say nice things about them).  You can exchange this information by private messages though.

Best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator