Hello, I 'm new here...

Hello All,

I have just registered and wanted to say hello. 

I am 29 and living in London for almost a year now. Still a bit lonely here and now challenged with this big thing. I am still waiting for results of core biopsy but doctors already “prepared” me for the worst, since lump had very irregular borders and 2 cm size. It was a shock for me since GP and hospital nurse after palpation told me it looked benigh so I was relatively relaxed - everything changed after seeing ultrasound and this was very confusing to me. 

I am trying to read anywhere if there is still a chance that this could be benign despite size and borders, just to keep some hope, but I cannot find reassuring info.

It will take one week to have results and it’s really hard for me to get through the whole day without crying my eyes out. time is going so slow and emotions are very strong…

Hi Gaf and welcome to the BcC forums

Along with the support you will find here our helpliners are on hand with further support on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2 so please feel free to call to talk things through

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi, Gaf

Waiting for results can be frightening. It’s also a very lonely time, because you don’t feel able to speak to other people about it. No one understands unless they’ve been there. And the people on this forum have been there.

Sending you positive thoughts and gentle hugs.

Cath