hello

about 7 weeks ago i found a lump in my left breast.at first i thought it was another blocked milk ducked so i left it for six weeks then went to the doctors. i was shocked when he said i will have to go to a breast cancer clinic,i was so shocked i got dressed and walked out(that was last tuesday)and been in a state since my husband was with me and hes been fantastic,i cant really talk to him though as hes due to have a triple heart bypass so i dont want to worry him too much.i received my letter yesterday and broke down again as my appointment isnt untill 30th july then results on 4 august.im trying to tell myself thats a good sign.sorry to poor my heart out but feel so loney as i dont want to upset my husband or my children

HI Gill

Sorry you have found yourself here. It’s a good place to get info and support, many lovely ladies. It’s a worrying time waiting for appointments and results. Hopefully your tests will come back and be good for you, sounds like you ahve a lot going on at the moment.

Do you ahve a close friend or family member you could confide in. It makes such a difference to be able to confide in someone.

I hope all goes well for you and your family. Please don’t feel lonely you will always get a reply on here and the helpline is also very good to have a chat. Let us know how it goes.

Lots of love

Jayne xxx

Thank you MURDO2323 but the family i have talked to dont know what to say.when i found the lump my breast just felt different to the right one but since the dr checked it it is now quite tender to touch and the lump feels bigger is it normal for this to happen
love gill

Hi Gill

I too am sorry you’ve had to come here but this is a very supportive place and you’re definitely not alone in how you feel. It is stressful waiting for results and do hope the time passes quickly. At least after that you will know what you’re working with - I know for my mother that helped. Best wishes.

Hi there gill2010

Waiting for appointments can be one of the most difficult times, perhaps you could give the clinic a ring and see if you can change the appointment?

In the meantime, if you feel it will help to talk, do call our Helpline, they are great listeners and can offer support and information if you need it.

The number is 0808 800 6000, they are open 9am-2pm on Saturday and 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.

Best wishes.

Louise
Facilitator

hi gill…i know only too well how frustrating your wait is…i went to my gp on the 28th may and was told i would have to wait 11 weeks…my lump has since grown and i have twice been back and am awaiting an urgent appointment based on this third examination which was done this past monday…mt gp surgery haven’t exactly been supportive so luckily i’ve had some family members and this forum for support,hopefully you can find that too…i know it’s so difficult when every one says don’t worry and it’ll all be fine when you are fearing the worst…i hope you find the girls on here a great help and you get positive results… Kerry…xx

hi all
i just want to say thank you for all your support it means so much to me,i think i will phone the help line tomorrow as i have got another lump i will let you know how i get on thanks again
love gill xxx