Help and advice

Help and advice

Help and advice Hell everyone
I attended my sister in laws funeral today very upsetting, if you read my post a week ago she died after her first bout of chemo . Then when i get home my oncologist phoned with results of my ct scan. I have been on Herceptin for 6 months now , the scan i had 3 months ago was very good ,mets stable , today he told me a slight deteriation ,some of the mets have grown slightly. Why would that happen if its supposed to be working ?. I asked him about Tykerb he seemed to make out i did,nt need anything yet . Just keep an eye on me , he may add some gentle chemo at a later date. I have to admit im a bit scared now . Can anyone tell me if they have had a simular experiance .
Love to all carolm x

Hi there Carolm
Sorry that no one has answered .
I am not sure that I can give any help but just wanted to say that I am here for you. I am 53 and have BC and liver mets since 2002 and now have bone mets . I was on Arimidex for 4 yrs and then it stopped working - dont know why The Dr said my body had just got used to the treatment . I am now on Vineorelbine and Zometa . I dont know why your Dr isnt for chemio but ask him why. Also perhaps with it is the stress that you have been through recently that has ‘upset’ your body and perhaps that is why the mets arent so stable .
Do you have a mac nurse that you can talk to.
Do keep in touch and let us know how things go
If nothing else tell us your feelings as it helps to talk with others who know what its like - and even the Drs cant imagine what we are going through
Luv jANE