help please!

Everything’s changed I’m so confused had a bilateral lumpectomy on 1 July and snb,for lobular and tubular grade 2,developed an infection on my right breast which is still on going,had results back clear margins right side with positive lymph nodes,left margins not clear but negative lymph nodes but they have changed my original diagnosis it now seems I have lobular on my left grade 2 and ductal on my right grade 3,and possible vascular invasion,I’m really confused about what’s going to happen next! I’ve since had re excision on my left and debridement on my right yesterday,my consultant has mentioned chemo and radiotherapy but he said they would have to have a meeting to discuss the risks and benefits as I also have lung disease,what I want to know really is chemo usually the treatment offered in my circumstances? I want everything I can to rid this horrible disease! I’ve tried so hard to be positive and I still will be! But I’ve definitely had the occasional melt down which I’m sure we all succumb to in the end! Thanks in advance. Xx

Hi livvy, 

I am sorry you are going through this difficult and anxious time and I am sure users will be along to support soon. 

In the meantime please do call our helpline at 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about any questions you have about chemotherapy and offer a friendly ear. You may also want to look at our page on Chemotherapy.

The opening hours for the helpline are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy