HELP

Hello,
I am new here but would like to ask for some advice. My cousin is 42 and was diagnosed with Breast Cancer about 8 weeks ago. When the tumour was removed it was 2.5cm grade 2. She had 3 lymph nodes taken out and one was affected. She has since had all the lymph nodes taken and it was in more. Last week she had a CAT scan. They have found a 7mm shadow on her lung and a small dot on her spine. Some info from her is sketchy because she is in a bad way mentally. Doc wants her to start chemo this week instead on beg Jan. They have told her that the chemo will last for 14 weeks and then they will re-do the MRI. If it has shrunk or disappeared it means she has secondary lung cancer. If it is still there its not cancer. Has anyone else encountered this. Nobody has had cancer in our family before and the effects are, well as you all know. She went to the doc with a breast related problem but the hosp did a mamogram anyway thilst she was there and founf the tumour. It was so far into the breast that it could not be felt on a normal examination. Thanks for any advice/info anyone can offer. x

Hi ABW

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, I’m sure you’ll get lots of support for you and your cousin from the many informed users of this site.

While you are waiting four replies could I suggest that you give the helpline here a ring and have a chat with one of the breast care nurses, I’m sure they’ll be able to support you in this.

Calls to the helpline are free, open Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm and Sat 9am - 2pm 0808 800 6000.

Kind regards,
Jo, Facilitator