help

New to this and scared to death feel like I’ve just woken up from a night mare that’s not gone away hospital on 14<sup>th</sup> diagnosed on 21<sup>st</sup> 27<sup>th</sup> signed up for treatment and not sure l know how l got this fare or what I’ve agreed too. Chemo Mastectomy Radiotherapy and Meds for 5yrs possible reconstruction along the way who life is this.

Dear mosle

Welcome to the forum where I’m sure you will get a lot of support from people who understand what you’re going through.

You could also give our Helpline a call to talk over how you are feeling. They will be able to offer information and support. They are open from 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays. The number is 0808 800 6000 and calls are free and confidential.

Take care

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

hi Mosle yes it is a very fast roller coster that you get on when you are first diagnosed and once you are on it there seems to be no getting off and everything moves so fast you don’t get chance to think or reflect about whats happening to you. In one way this is good that the medics react so quickly and you get top noche treatment - the downside is that at times you feel completly out of control and the cancer treatment takes you over, your family and your life. It does get better I can assure you and once you have started your treatment you have a timescale and and ‘end’ However things will not get back to the way they were before but you will adjust to the new you. Hope everything goes well for you. I am nearly 3 years since Dx now, I had mx, chemo, rads and am on hormone theropy, I had a delayed DIEP recontrction last year and next week am due to go in for an upllift on my good breast to even me out. So I am nearly back to normal and back in control but I will never be the girl I was prior to diagnosis.

Best wishes Mosie…I got diagnosed 2 days ago…x

Hi Mosle,
I had my diagnosis confirmed on 27th December and am scheduled to have my surgery next week. I have found that talking about it to family and friends has helped me enormously, also keeping a diary of events, tests, discussions etc. I’m sure my friends must be getting fed up with me talking about it so much, but it really does help me. I have been reading up on my own diagnosis and likely treatments, and learnt how to understand the Path reports and what it all means. I like to know!! We all work through our feelings and emotions differently. Take care and don’t bottle things up. xxx