HER2 POSITIVE-NEED ADVICE

Hi Jaxette

It is understandable that you will be going through all sorts of thoughts and emotions at this stage. I am sure if we were all honest we had similar thoughts and worries at different stages. The shock of finding out you have BC is huge and you have to be kind to yourself and appreciate that you will take some time to let this news sink in. Try to take comfort from the very positive stories on here and the tremendous support you will find from fellow posters. Please take time to talk to your bcn and your GP or practice nurse to get as much information as you need. Hopefully this will reassure you about your treatment plan and how you will be supported through your treatment. It is amazing how once your treatment starts you often feel a little better as you feel that things are moving forward. Take care. J.

Jaxette,
I know you emailed me and I answered you but since then you haven’t answered me,so I thought I’d find you !
You don’t need Tamoxofen because your not hormone receptive,Her2 is NOT a hormone but a protein so that’s why you don’t need it.
Herceptin blocks the gene from saying I haven’t got no her2 give me some BLOODY LIAR!!!
So don’t be confused my periods have come back although randomly I am now 44 and it doesn’t matter for us HER2+ girls because it’s not hormonal.
Please stop stressing I know you are in a bad place but you are also in a good place in that bad place.
I haven’t looked yet how big your tumour is I just wanted to find you,but look at me I had 3 tumours in 1 breast and 2 nodes infected my biggest tumour was 11cm by 9cm One of the biggest I have come across,but still the chemotherapy did a fantastic job for me and made the cancer ALL regress back into Pre-cancerous cells.
It’s all hard going in this place were in but just get over today !
take care xxxxxxxx

Jaxette,
I know you emailed me and I answered you but since then you haven’t answered me,so I thought I’d find you !
You don’t need Tamoxofen because your not hormone receptive,Her2 is NOT a hormone but a protein so that’s why you don’t need it.
Herceptin blocks the gene from saying I haven’t got no her2 give me some BLOODY LIAR!!!
So don’t be confused my periods have come back although randomly I am now 44 and it doesn’t matter for us HER2+ girls because it’s not hormonal.
Please stop stressing I know you are in a bad place but you are also in a good place in that bad place.
I haven’t looked yet how big your tumour is I just wanted to find you,but look at me I had 3 tumours in 1 breast and 2 nodes infected my biggest tumour was 11cm by 9cm One of the biggest I have come across,but still the chemotherapy did a fantastic job for me and made the cancer ALL regress back into Pre-cancerous cells.
It’s all hard going in this place were in but just get over today !
The hardest part is the chemo honestly the raadiotherapy is a doddle and Herceptin well another doddle like alot of the other girls say I had no side effects from herceptin at all.
I know you have or any day starting your chemo now please let us know how you are doing.
This next year isn’t yours but the rest of your life will be xxx

Hi had my mastectomy in December 2010, was told only needed radio therapy after my op. Was not happy with the care at my hospital where I had my op, so went to another hospital.

Only to be told that I have Her2 3+ positive cells although my old hospital said I was Her2 3+ negative, now moving on after 9 months have had 4 EC chemotherapy and am due a year of Herceptin.

I wrote in to complain to my old hospital and they told me that it is a hospitals choice, how can that be, surely all hospitals have a protocol with regards to the oncologist results and treatment should be the same for all.

Is there any one else out there that have not checked the hospitals findings, as 3+ is the fast growing cancerous cells.

Yes totally devastated by this late news now having lost all my hair, your kind words would be appreciated, am I wrong in pursuing this case with my old hospital.

Hi pink Buddies,

Have been told today i am HER2 POSITIVE with MX op arranged for
Dec 1st 2011 no node involved bad margin result.

Reading your post on this thread is helping me to keep focused
although feeling miserable at moment,

Have not been told of any plan i suppose i will know more after op.
was told i wont be given CHEMO perhaps because i am post menopause

Keep pecker up Pat xx

Hi
I,m Her2 + I wonder if they have not offered any plan of action until they get the path results from your mx. Herceptin is for Her2+ bc and is only licensed in the Uk for primary bc if given in conjunction with chemo,so depending on your path results you maybe offered both. Remember we are all different and therefore each case may require different treatment plans. Good luck with your op hope all goes well.
T

Hello Teri,

Thank you info i find it hard at times to know it had gone this far without knowing until i had signs of bloody discharge

I am sure we will all fight the gremlins together with a lot of support from us all.
Keep Pecker up Pat xx

Hi all,

Im also HER2+, had lumpectomy 5 weeks ago and still awaiting onc app. The anxiety of not knowing is making me feel so tired! I just feel so miserable and tearful all the time :frowning:
I really need some other females in the same boat to talk to - im feeling so alone even thou my OH seems to of turned into superman lol

Hello joharrison71

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very worrying time for you, I’m sure the users of the site will be along to support you soon.
Whilst waiting for replies maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes
June, moderator

partner has left me :frowning:

Oh wineoclock so sorry your partner has left when you have all this to deal with. Hope you have family and friends around you. ((hugs))