Her2radical

Hi. I am on the HER2 Radical trial. Like you I agonised over whether to participate or not. I wish I hadn’t been asked to decide, as this was a mental burden I felt I could do without. In the end I decided to say yes to the trial and see what the side effects were like when I was having the Herceptin without other chemo. I seemed to be getting peripheral neuropathy back on Herceptin alone, so on the basis they might stop my treatment anyway because of that I decided to go ahead with the trial. I can’t feel my fingertips and have terrible pins and needles in my arms at night. I read the journal articles (as well as the handout) and there seemed to be a very slight difference in positive outcomes (<1% difference) on half the treatments. Note that is my interpretation of the journal articles and others may disagree. Anyway I think the main thing is to be comfortable with whatever decision you make. Good luck and I hope you have a positive outcome.

1 Like

Thank you I have decided to go on the trail ! I’ve not noticed any major side effects of Herceptin other than feeling fatigue . I’m based in North Wales I’m unsure if it is national trial ?
I hope you keep well thank you for your response x

1 Like

Hi I’m based in North Wales so wonder if the trial is local to me . I decided to do the trail mainly because of the cardiotoxic side effects of Herceptin and feeling constantly tired ! I’m feeling like my old self now and want to build on that .
I’ll keep you updated I meet with the oncologist 13/7 to consent . Just glad I’ve decided x

1 Like

Waiting in the cancer centre in Bangor Hospital for my last Herceptin Injection . I consented to the trial and feel ok about it . My Oncologist was very positive about my prognosis I feel I have been very lucky , the treatment although brutal at times was worth it .
Thank you all for answering my concerns. Onward and upward for me thank goodness x

1 Like

Great news @ali67 . I’ve just had my 16/18, 2 more to go. I’m feeling a bit rough today but it only lasts a few days compared to chemo.

I’ve recently attended a Moving forward course and can highly recommended it if you haven’t attended on yet.

• Moving Forward: Finishing treatment can be hard, and it can be difficult to move forward with your life. You can access our support online or face-to-face. Our online information hub and Moving Forward journal provide extra ideas and information. Courses run over 2 weeks, with 2 3.5hr sessions. Or trained facilitators and volunteers are there to help. Find a course near you.

Take care🥰

Thank you I’ve finished my treatment thank goodness . I will look into that x

1 Like