Hi all, any thoughts appreciated. Male

Hi.
I’m a 38 year old male. i have a lump just below my left clavicle extending for approx 2 inches, finished approx 1 inch from the center of my chest (no idea how long it has been there). the lump is immobile, smooth and firm, but not hard. I also have some swelling of what i think are my lymph nodes behind the clavicle (again not hard, but approx 2cm in length). This is all on the left side.
On the right side I have a small lump one inch below my nipple towards the centre of my chest. It was first noticed 12 months ago and it has grown slightly. There is no puckering, soreness or rash. I don’t feel sick, but I have had stiffness and mild aches on the left side in my neck, shoulder, arm and lower back for the past week.
I have an appointment at the breast center but would be interested to hear your thoughts please.

Hi Hairy Capers and welcome to the BCC forums

Our helpliners are on hand with support and information 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000 and you may find the following link useful to our ‘Men and breast cancer’ pages:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/about-breast-cancer/men-breast-cancer

Best wishes

Lucy

Hi Hairy Capers,
It is good that you are getting these checked out to be on the safe side, but there are lots of things that the lumps could be like cysts and benign lumps. Also a lot of people find that they start having aches and pains, which is usually down to stress.
Hope all goes well at your appointment.
Faye

Hi Hairy Capers.
It’s good that you’re getting the lumps checked out as I know most men have an aversion to doctors.
Good luck x

Hi Hairy Capers

As the others have said, it is good that you are getting the lumps checked out and also to remember that these can also be benign.

I think that some people forget that it’s not just women that are effected by lumps on the breat, but also men. Please do come back to the forum and let us know how you get on.

If you look over to the left hand side, you will see that there is also a thread for men - That’s if you get fed up listening to us females :wink:

Cyber hugs coming your way
Martha xxx

Thanks for your replies, ill be sure to up date you on my appointment next week. Just checked my weight and seems I’m 3 kilos down on last week (conservative) hopefully it’s a scales issue!!
Thanks again! X