hi from weston super mare

Hi to everyone here.
A bit about myself my name is sandy and 51 years young.
I was diagnosed on the 13 sept in all honesty not much of a shock as I’m now the fourth generation and the only female to get past 45

On the 5 nov I had a double macectomy with implants put in at the same time. I have yet to move on to chemotherapy as in December I was rushed back into hospital with a horrendous infection that meant the implants had to be removed.
After weeks of drains in and dressings changed daily I now have a vac pump in .
My chemotherapy has been put back yet another week now due to start at the end of jan.

I try not to get down but it seems I take one step forward and about three back.
Due to so many problems I haven’t worked since september.
I joined this site to talk to other people who are also going through this. And as I live alone with my 20yr old daughter I try very to be the strong silent type.
But I do sometimes feel as if I’m facing this alone no siblings or parents so I’m hoping this is somewhere I can sometimes rant and rave without having to worry that I’m upsetting my daughter.
Sandy

Hi Sandy.

My name is Sue, I live in Kent and I’m 47. Got diagnosed in December, but I went straight into chemo (had 2 sessions already) and will be having a mastectomy, radiotherapy and reconstruction surgery later.

There’s plenty of people here (unfortunately), and they’re a good bunch. I’m sure you’ll make a few friends and find someone to rant with. 

We kind of make up groups, so we join up with everyone who starts chemo in the same month. There is a group thread for all people starting chemo in January here: forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/Jan-2014-New-Year-Newbies/m-p/800578#U800578

I recommend you post in there and read through it. All those ladies will be going through things at the same time as you.

Feel free to send me a private message if you want to chat away from the forum. We’re all here to support each other. x

Thanks sue will have a look

Hi Sandy and welcome to the BCC forums
Along with the support here our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000, lines open during the week 9-5 and Saturday 10-2

You may find some of the information and further support ideas in the following link to the BCC ‘Treatments’ pages helpful :

breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Butm_campaign=treatment

Take care
Lucy BCC