Hi - I'm another newbie, a week after my first chemo

I’ve had a challenging year so far ! I had a major operation in February this year and had a section of bowel removed and a diagnosis of Crohns Disease and then, when I was recovering well from that, I then found a lump in my left breast. Had invasive lobular cancer diagnosis and a mastectomy/reconstruction on 15th July and  started my chemo last week on 20th August (so can I join the August ladies for chemo ?).


Have felt not too bad so far, bit of nausea and fatigue kicking in, just waiting for the dreaded hair loss - getting it cut this week. Have got my wig and hats/turbans ready to wear. Be good to chat - it’s a long old road out there but I’m getting there !!!

Hello Littlelily

Welcome to the forums, I’m sure other users will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime you may find it useful to contact our free helpline on 0808 800 6000, opening hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 – 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hi little lily, sorry that you have found yourself here. I’ve recently been diagnosed and have found support & comfort from others going though the same awful journey.
You will find lots of support on the August thread of going through treatment.
Take care xx

Hi all,

 I was diagnosed with breast cancer just 5 months ago. I had a lumpectomy in May and I am now in the midst of chemotherapy with 3 sessions down and 13 to go. I am a bit down because I had a blood test yesterday and the results showed that my defenses were low so I was not in condition to recieve my next chemo session which has  been delayed another week. On top of all that I met with a genetic counselor yesterday and they  suspect I might have the BRCA 1/2 gene and possibly Lynch syndrome since there are a lot of family members with cancer on my father´s side.  I am not sure if I really want to know. I kind feel like it would be having a ticking bomb lying around and I will be waiting for it to go off. However I feel like I should do it for my son and my brother who may also be at risk. So I am just looking for someone who understands what I am going through.



Am also under genetics due to strong family history on my dads side. Have recently had bi lateral mx and reconstruction with sentinel lymph node biopsy. Have been unbelievably luvky and given the all clear for the momeny and put on tamocifen. Exploring if need ovaries removed with the genticists …my dad does not have the braca 1/ braca2 problem but I have been told that there are other unidentified genes so fxd somthing turns up snd my kifs can be tested…