Holiday between chemo??

Holiday between chemo??

Holiday between chemo?? Hi All
My husband just phoned to say some friends have offered the use of their holiday home in France, anytime i feel upto it.
I have just started chemo EC on the 13th June and felt very ill for 5 days but now just tired and a little sickly now and again. We had to cancel our hol abroad in May due to my mastectomy op so children would love this.
I myself feel we are being unrealistic to consider this very kind offer as reading other posts each treatment can have more effects.
Anyone any thoughts it would be welcomed.
love Rachel

Holiday I went to visit my family in France over Christmas in between chemo sessions and thoroughly recommend it - It was great to have a break. I generally only felt ill for a day after the chemo injections (worse with the tablets). The only thing I would say is that I was really really ill with my last session of Chemo in February, by then my immune system was shot to pieces- so I would advise going earlier rather than later.
Travel Insurance will be almost impossible to get and do make sure that YOU are not expected to do ANYTHING!

Good Luck - PS I also has a big party after my treatment was all over.

Carine

hols while on chemo Hi,

I went to Italy and Ireland inbetween chemo, they were only short trips as advised not to go while my blood count was at its lowest. Just check with your onc and your travel insurance, but go for it if it makes you feel better, it did me.

Jo

Go for it Be positive and go for it as it will do you all good. I did, both in the UK and abroad. If you don’t like it you can always come home! If you don’t go, you will probably regret it.

Margaret

Thanks for your replies, I am going to speak to my oncologist and see what he thinks. Apparently it is 5 hour on the ferry which is the part i may struggle with but we shall see.
Thank you all for the advise
Rachel

Thanks for your replies, I am going to speak to my oncologist and see what he thinks. Apparently it is 5 hour on the ferry which is the party i may struggle with but we shall see.
Thank you all for the advise
Rachel

Travel insurance Hi

Only you will know if you are well enough to go - if you can I’m sure the break will do you good.

However - I have just picked up a good tip re: travel insurance from ‘when treatment finishes forum’

Phone - aberdeen insurance - 01472 826672

Apparently they treat BC like a standard illness and insure at very good rates.

Hope you get your break

Love Swanie