Hot flashes

Hot flashes

Hot flashes I had a mastectomy Nov 05, Epi-CMF and radio and finished in June this year. Worked throughout and feel fine. During Chemo my periods stopped and I had hot flashes. This stopped after chemo and I had three quite heavy periods, but now the hot flashes have returned and I have not had a period in two months. I am 38 and not on any hormone treatment. Anyone any experience of this?

The change… Hi Wanas

Sorry my periods were a little eratic before I found out about the dreaded, but after having my lumpectomy I only had 1 more period and then nothing more (its been 18 months now) I had the same chemo regime as you and I think that it can tip you into the change depending on your age. (You seem a little young, but you never know) You can ask you oncologist about having a blood test to determine at what stage you are at)

Good luck

Debbie x

Factsheet Hi WANAS

I have given the link below to a factsheet produced by Breast Cancer Care regarding menopausal symptoms and breast cancer. You may find some of the information within this publication of help.

breastcancercare.org.uk/docs/menopausal_symptoms
_jun_2006_0.pdf

The factsheet can be either downloaded or ordered through this site.

Kind regards.

Online Host
Breast Cancer Care